Using SSL for your POP e-mail account:
The first thing you will need to do is install Computer Country’s root certificate. Click here for instructions.
After the certificate is installed, open your e-mail program. The instructions here are for outlook express, but any other POP e-mail program (such as Eudora, Netscape or Incredimail) should be similar.
- Open your Outlook Express. You do not have to be online to make these changes.
- Click on “tools” then “accounts”
- Click on the mail tab.
- Click on your Computer Country e-mail account to highlight it, then click on “properties” to the right.
- Click on the tab that says “servers.”
- Change the name of the incoming mail(pop3) server to: mail.ccountry.net
- Do not check the "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" box. We will use SSL for security.
- Click on the “advanced” tab.
- You will see a small check box under incoming mail (POP3) that says “This sever requires a secure connection (ssl) CHECK that box. The incoming mail port number should automatically change from 110 to 995.
- Click on OK at the bottom, and then click on close.
You can now pull your email using ssl.